Wednesday, April 11, 2012

American Idol: Going for Six

Hollie Cavanaugh
After Miss Hollie gets eliminated tomorrow, it's going to be nearly impossible to rate the remaining candidates: they are all that good. Of course I have my favorites, but will they necessarily be the power players? Maybe not.

For example, I love me some Skylar, and she was GREAT tonight, but somehow I don't see her as that memorable to the general audience. I feel like Colton, despite Jimmy's pimping, may be slipping into the middle of the pack as well. His last 2 or 3 performances haven't killed. I love Phillip to pieces, and foresee a great musical career for him (as well as for Skylar), but his performances have a sameness that can be the kiss of death. I no longer see him as a surefire finalist, although he may well be one.

Elise is a terrific singer, and she was wonderful tonight, but does her style speak to the American Idol audience? Likewise Joshua killed tonight- he couldn't have been better down to his pink socks- but does his usual intense soul style go over nowadays? Jessica is another story. She is scary good and is my pick to win American Idol this year.

Don't forget! Our American Idol elimination contest begins next week when 6 becomes 5. I know you'll want to play because we have some killer prizes: itunes gift cards for the weekly winners, ear buds for the final show, and an ipod nano for the grand prize. The more times you play, the more chances you have to win the the grand prize, because we're drawing from all of the weekly entries. So I'll see you at the ballot box.

No comments: