Friday, April 20, 2012

American Idol Elimination: 7 to 6

Were you surprised? I'll admit that Colton was almost the last person I expected to be eliminated. The judges seem to like him (although not this week's performances so much), and Jimmie Iovine is always pimping for him.

On the other hand, I was not sorry to see him go, although he was an early favorite of mine. I think he's a little creepy and bogus. I was getting tired of his soulful stare into the camera. I did like his Wednesday performance of September though.

Because of the surprise and confusion about last week's save, we are having an extra week of our American Idol Elimination contest! Most of you (nine people) thought that Elise Testone would be going home this week. Three thought Hollie Cavanaugh (Yay) would be leaving and surprisingly, three thought the loser would be Phillip Phillips (Boo). Jessica Sanchez, Joshua Ledet, Skylar Laine, and COLTON DIXON each got one vote.

Here is where I need some help. The winner of the first week contest is named CINDY EPIFANIO, but she did not leave a telephone, email, or library card number so we can't contact her.  If you are Cindy or if you know her, please ask her to contact me at bnash@nileslibrary.org. Or she can call the AV desk at 847-663-6640. If we don't hear from her by Thursday May 3, we'll draw a name from the other contest entrants.

PS: Some of you voted twice for two different contestants. I assume that's because you thought 2 people were being eliminated this week and that you do know that there is only one vote to a customer under usual circumstances. This week no one was sure if one or two would be eliminated until the day of the elimination show.


No comments: