Wednesday, April 25, 2012

American Idol: 6 to the final 5


You guys, Joshua killed today. He's IN IT TO WIN IT!!! Randy J. hyperbole aside, Joshua seems to be getting better every week. This week he was flawless, entertaining, cute, and may I say, thrilling. I give him a A+ on his Queen song, and an A on the india.aire number.

Actually the Queen songbook turned out surprisingly well for most of the performers. Second to Joshua this week was Skylar, to whom I also gave an A+ for her Queen number - dramatic, and powerful, incredible, and goosies according to the judges. Her second song was way too country for me, but she did a nice job. I gave her a B+ mainly because I didn't like the song.

The rest of the pack (except for Hollie) all made solid Bs. I liked Jessica's version of Bohemian Rhapsody, but maybe it was too mature for her. Her second song was lovely but also kind of schmaltzy. I did not think that Elise was in good voice for her Queen selection (and I thought it kind of a stupid song) but I loved her Jimi Hendrix song where she sounded like Janis. In this my opinion was exactly opposite that of the judges. I think Elise is going home this week.

I loved Phillip's Fat Bottomed Girls very much, but was mystified by the Dave Matthews song he chose to sing. I agreed with Jennifer that it was too arty, but Randy made me see that it was a bold, non-pandering choice. Phillip is the most honest and unpretentious performer ever to be on American Idol (and also Lee DeWyze). And that brings us to boring, hideously styled Hollie.  Save Me made me uncomfortable, and the Miley Cyrus song was shouty and predictable. I can certainly see Hollie with Elise in the bottom three this week, along with either Jessica or Joshua.  Why two of the best singers on the show would land in the bottom three is beyond me, but it has happened before.

Who do you think is going home? Don't forget to vote in our Elimination Contest. The more you play the better chance you have of winning an ipod nano or an itunes gift card.



No comments: