Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Final Four: Haley's to Lose


Haley was in a strong position last week which lasted until the judges savaged her after her first performance last night. As usual, I don't get it. I just re-watched her performance of Michael Jackson's Earth Song on YouTube and still thought it was good. She sang the song simply, but with a becoming intensity. And she looked great. Then she got a standing O from the judges for severely over singing I Who Have Nothing. What??

Were the judges using that famous reverse psychology in the first song to mobilize Haley's fan base? Is Haley going home? Here is my power list:

1. Lauren Not a fan, but I thought she was great last night. She could win it all.

2. Scotty So likeable. It was fun seeing him squirm in the presence of Lady Gaga who told him to stick his tongue down the microphone.

3. James If Haley doesn't get voted off, he could be the surprise elimination. His first song was a bad choice (and a bad song). His second was great. He is beginning to suffer from too much consistency.

4. Haley The opposite of James - inconsistent. She retains an amateurish quality, even though I think she has a lot of potential.

I think it is still likely that my original prediction for the final three - James, Scotty, and Lauren - will hold. What do you think? Is Haley going home? Today is your last chance to vote. You can email your vote to av@nileslibrary.org.

No comments: