Thursday, May 19, 2011

AI: The Semifinals

GO HALEY! Actually I thought Scotty did a good job on all of his songs, but I really have to question the song choices of Jimmy and the judges. I thought that Scotty looked like a comic book country boy with his guitar and facial expressions on Jimmy's choice. The contrast between him and the bass guitarist was comical. The judges' choice seemed calculated to appeal to the grandmothers (the very oldest ones) in the audience. It was sleepy, old-fashioned and lounge -y. But I thought he did it as well as it could be done. His own choice was great, showing his range and romantic side.

Lauren is just too immature for stardom, although she has real talent. Her costume for the first song was horrible, and I noticed breath control problems on the second song. She did a good job on the judges' choice, although I thought it was a fairly dull song.  I pick Lauren for the elimination this week.

Haley of course knocked her first song out of the park. Having her dad on guitar had to give her a lot of extra points. I loved her rendition of Rhiannon - very sultry and moody- fitting to the song. I was disappointed in her version of You Ought to Know, a great angry song that should have been perfect for her. Even though Haley is now my girl, I still have reservations about her. I predict a win for Scotty.

Are you looking forward to a Haley/Scotty finale? Don't forget to vote. You have until today at 6:00 PM.

No comments: