Wednesday, March 7, 2012

American Idol: Toward the First Elimination



OMG! That was some show! Just when I thought I was through with American Idol, it pulled me back in. There is a new twist in the show too. For this elimination the boy and girl with the least votes will sing off and the judges will decide who goes home. But it's hard to decide who were the weakest performers.

Actually it's not. Shannon Magrane was pretty bad, and I don't think her pageant-y presentation will help her either. Elise Testone, an early favorite was also weak, but Shannon was worse. Elise reminded me of Haley Reinhardt in her jerky phrasing and tense moves, but Haley rallied and so will Elise.

Weakest boy? That's harder to say. Jeremy Rosado? Jermaine Jones?

But there were so many strong performances, the foremost being teeny tiny Jessica Sanchez who gave me GOOSIES over the TV. Can you imagine that anyone would pull off "I Will Always Love You" on Whitney Houston night, let alone kill? My girl Skylar killed as well, as did Colton Dixon and Phillip Phillips. Other standouts were Erika Van Pelt and Deandre Brackensick who was so entertaining. Hollie Cavanaugh is also an outstanding singer, but she creeps me out a little.

On its 400th show, American Idol is off to a strong start.

No comments: