Thursday, March 1, 2012

American Idol: A Star is Born


Here are some girl face slices because last night (Wednesday) 12 women competed for five places in the American Idol Season 11 finals.

Normally I become a fan of a  cute and quirky boy singer like LeeDeWyze or Kris Allen, or a great rocker like Daughtry or James Durbin. But after seeing this group of girls  perform, I think I'm in love. And by star I'm referring to tiny 16 year old Jessica Sanchez who had me sitting with a dropped jaw. I even insisted on replaying her performance for my husband who was equally impressed. Both young Jessica and 18 year old Skylar Laine, my other girl crush, understand that a performer has to entertain, which with some exceptions has never been a hallmark of American Idol performances. That's why I love The Voice so much; it's so entertaining.

Maybe the AI performers are trying to be entertaining , but they don't know how. Last night the AI girls paraded some good voices accompanied by lackluster performances. I'm looking at you three interchangeable blond beauties - Hallie, Baylie, and Haley. I hope they all get voted off, though I might tolerate Hallie, the best of them.

Jessica Sanchez
Skylar Laine
I also like Jen Hirsh. Anyway, if Jessica Sanchez can take the pressure, I don't see how she can't win the whole thing. Here is a link to Carla Patton of Buddy TV recapping the performances live. She also thought Jessica killed.

Jen Hirsh

No comments: