Wednesday, May 2, 2012

American Idol: The Final Five



Here they are, the season 11 final five. And I can't believe that Hollie Cavanaugh is standing there between the great Phillip Phillips and the great Joshua Ledet. After their Righteous Brothers duet, however, maybe they do need someone to separate them. Each of them nearly broke up at some point during the song. They thought that they were singing a romantic tune to each other.

Here is my power list for this week, best to worst:

Joshua keeps getting better and better. Someone has been coaching him not to give cry face all the time and not to go over the top. Plus his outfits are a delight. Slick and getting sexy. Amazing talent.

Jessica is still amazing. Unlike Randy, I loved her Tina Turner flavor on Proud Mary. She gave two great performances this week.

Phillip was solid this week. Not his total best, but awfully good.

Skylar fell down. I didn't think that either of her performances worked. If Randy was offended by Jessica attempting Tina, I was offended by Skylar's version of CCR. Not good. Her second performance was better. I think she'll be in the bottom two this week.

Hollie's first song was well suited to her voice, but she delivered it like the plastic Barbie that she is.
Her second number was much better. I predict that she finally goes home.

Check back on Friday to see if I'm right and more importantly to see if you guessed right in our Elimination contest. You may be a winner.


No comments: