Thursday, March 10, 2011

AI Round One


Here is my AI 10 power list based on last night's performances (worst first):

Karen Rogriquez: Most recappers hated Ashthon more, but the contrast between this lame performance and the sheer beauty of Selena's voice was crushing.

Ashthon Jones: Meh. Not 100% hideous.

Lauren Alaina: This girl will stay, but her performance stunk. Ew, Shania!

Thia Megia: OK performance, odd song choice, too young. She'd never heard of Charlie "Chapman", but who else hasn't she heard of?

Pia Toscano: I don't get the love. Horrible dress, no personality, screamy undisciplined performance. She's no (ahem) Katherine McPhee.

Paul McDonald: Love this song, decent performance, but his dancing makes me nervous. His truly sexy voice will keep him going for a long time.

Haley Reinhart: Great song choice, nice gutsy performance.

Stefano Langone: Lovely performance, classic pop voice and style in a timeless way.

Jacob Lusk: Fabulous voice and original arrangement, just not perfect.

Naima Adedapo: Vocals not perfect, but LOVED the reggae rhythm and moves; very creative.

Casey Abrams: Tasty; one of my all time favorite songs.

James Durbin: Inspired song choice and performance, but he also makes me a little nervous, like he might explode on stage.

Scotty McCreery: I used to hate it, but thanks to Scotty I now love country music.

I'm looking forward to seeing Adam Lambert tonight.




No comments: